Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Wait

On January 1st of this new year my wife was predicted to give birth. It is now the 3rd and she is still ripe with child.

I have yet to become anxious but unfortunately as the days wane by the baby grows bigger. As the baby grows bigger I am guessing it creates a more uncomfortable scenario for my wife. In turn my nerve endings are beginning to spark.

I was told a couple days ago there is a reason he is late. It was a good reminder and as I am presented with another opportunity to trust God in a new way.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Patience young grasshopper... Expect to see God's fingerprints all over your son.

(PS - It's okay to cry when you see him take his very first breath).

(PSS - Are you doing the cigar thing? I'll smoke one with you.)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

I just hope my tears aren't because the lil' dude looks like an alien.

I probably should do the cigar thing. I'll ask Lukas about some Cubans.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jimmy Hoogewind said...

we'll all pray that he'll take after his momma in the looks department!

as far as him being late, i'd rather see him like i see God - always arriving right on time.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Filip said...

I am sure he'll be as healthy and insolent as his father.

praying for ya....

Filip

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Filip said...

Or she off course... ;)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Good word Jimmy...

What happened on your blog the last couple weeks? Crazy friends you got.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

filip...
Insolence is only learned after spending large amounts of time in Holland. Perhaps when he is old enough I should send him into your care for a summer. O Master of the Insolent Way.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Good things come to those who wait.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Prayers coming to you from Boston. I cannot believe you're going to be a dad. You'll be a great one I'm sure. Big life change. Can't wait to hear when he's born!!!

Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home