Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Becoming a Full-Time Student (Again)

There is no going back now. Actually, I could drop out and count a few hundred dollars as an acceptable loss, but I've never been a quitter.

About 5 months ago I enrolled as a Master's of Special Education student at Mercyhurst College and at that time I thought little of how my life would be different today. What I have now realizing is being a full-time student & worker might not be all I had fantasized it to be.

Yesterday during our round table introductions our professor asked us to pick an adjective which best describes us. The only one I could think of was 'Confused'. My undergraduate work was in Biblical & Theological Studies at North Park University and there I learned to read, critique and expand on theological thoughts. Now, I am finding myself sitting a table learning to evaluate students and actively figure out the best avenue for their education. It is quite the contrast.

I think the one aspect keeping me pressing on is I can now get a 10% discount at Arby's with my Student ID. "COLLEGE!!!!"

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Does that mean we can get 5 roast beef sammiches for $4.50 now? I'm in!

I'd give it a few weeks, though, and I bet you're far less confused.

And we finished 3rd (out of 5 or 6) at Trivia Night. Humbug!

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deep down it's all about the student discounts and the Arby's sauce. Good luck Jay!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, chuck the Arby's sauce. It's all about the Educational discounts at Apple (FinalCut Pro...)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Lukas...
You need me and my infinite knowledge of Pop culture.

Glenn...
Wow...you still have the ability to cut right to the heart of things. Miss you man.

Street...
Come January I know I am going to be doing a little bit of shopping.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jimmy Hoogewind said...

it seems at NPU you learned to be a student with what you studied... now at Mercyhurst College you're gonna learn to be a teacher... sounds spot on to me!

the trick for all of us is to never forget how to be a student.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home