Saturday, August 19, 2006

Golf Makes Me Cry

I am not a golfer. As a matter of fact I have always thought negatively about people who choose to golf (curse its name). My mind moves to this question...How can sane person enjoy such a boring sport? I still don't have a good answer to this question, but my harshness towards the game has changed. I now loathe playing golf (curse its name).

Last week I went golfing with my good friend Lukas. In all his wisdom he suggested going to the driving range on Tuesday and play 9 holes on Wednesday, which is what we did. I have never had much trouble picking up 'sporting' activities, but golf (curse it's name) has become the thorn in my flesh. Here is a summery of my game. Driving: 75 yards (2nd swing), Playing the ball off the fairway: 20 to 50 yards), Putting: I can sink em if they're less than a yard). It is clearly apparent I am no good at golf (curse its name).

Now what a normal person might do is give up the game. However, because I have always had natural ability with sports I've become addicted to the idea of getting better at golf (curse its name). So here I am...addicted to that which I hate...What a cruel cruel world.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Golf (curse its name) can only be improved with practice. Bless his holy name.

Funny post, by the way.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Not sure when I will be available for our next outing. Hopefully next week.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jay, welcome back! Six months is a long time for my browser home page to be set to your site waiting for something to happen.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

street...
your too kind to keep me on like that. i definitely don't deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home