Thursday, December 07, 2006

Snow on Thursday

Western New York is known for snow. The people who live here expect to get dumped on day in and day out December - February. However, it is not uncommon to get snow beginning in October and ending April. This is one of the reasons I live in Chautauqua County. I love snow. I love playing in it, shoveling it, manipulating it into snowmen and best of all dispersing it with my snowblower. By 8PM Tomorrow we are supposed to have accumulated 12 inches...God doth smile upon me.

So far it has been the perfect start to December. My only concern is looming in a few days is the cursed warm winds from the South. Please if any of you have the power please crush those winds with the icy breeze of the Canadian Plains.

And to everyone who disdains that which brings me great joy. Happy Holidays.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

That's why we live in Westfield- we enjoy all the comforts of Chautauqua County with only half the snowfall. I think I'll go mow my grass...I know you're lying. No one likes snow that much, even Buddy the Elf.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Westfield is for the 'faint of heart' pretending to be from the Roman Empire with all your grape growing....SPQR baby!!!!

Buddy is my cousin.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Jay, how is it going man? I found your blog through Josh's. Anyway, the picture with the snow and golf cart brings back memories. Without a doubt, plowing snow was my favorite job the year i worked at camp! Heat up, window down, and rock music blaring! Does life get any better? Congrats too on the new child on the way. Peace, Paul

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Where's your snow now, snow boy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home