Friday, November 18, 2005

A Week Later

Sunday evening I drove my wife's black Sunfire chasing the burning ball of light into the horizon. It was getting warmer and I was feeling the relief of a weekend laced with introspection coming to an end.

My Grandfather, James Morrison Jr, was buried. The body placed in the ground while he, pained no more, was seeing Jesus.

I didn't lead worship at the funeral. I couldn't. My mind was racing too fast and there were too many people I didn't know. After leaving the church and heading to the burial site the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. We gathered in a small graveyard while a yellow lab barked our trespass. It was here we sang. Joining together as a family full of joy and sadness we sang. 2 songs. The first spoke of the now and the second of tomorrow.

The sun disappeared out of sight, but the sunset stamped the promise of its return and I know someday I will see James Morrison Jr again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

I think this is a time to remember the whole of the gospel, especially that which focuses on the future and on heaven. Good blog.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Are you still here, Jay?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Lukas...
Yes. I am still here. Haven't been much in the writing mode. But today I will post.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

JJoy...
Where are you? What are you doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home