Friday, October 14, 2005

Three Things

I’ve decided there are three things I really love. Other people’s dogs, other people’s pictures, and weddings.

Dogs. I met 2 today and both immediately smelled my circle and became my closest friend at that moment. They have the personality of, I will love you if you pay attention to me and responding to this is nearly a necessity. Pictures. In the past I have only looked at other people’s pictures in order to perhaps find myself in the background. But I am trying to change my song. Pictures help me create a context for those I come in contact with and enable me to see them in a complete light. Seeing the innocents of their childhood or the awkwardness of their tweenage years is refreshing.

Weddings. I am writing from one. One of my best friends Tyson Auffhammer is aligning his life with a girl who, from my observation, is the perfect combination of serious and light to match him. These past hours I’ve been meeting new people and reconnecting with others. We are becoming a homogeneous group. As very different individuals from different walks of life we’ve arrived in Cleveland, OH for a common goal, celebrating the union of these two people.

I’ve decided there are three things I really wish for myself. I would love people like a dog, understand people from their context, and where ever I am celebrate relationships like a wedding weekend.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

I agree with you in these respects, but only if you're close with the people getting married. Otherwise, it's quite dull when you don't know anyone.

Once I went to this wedding, and the groom didn't even say hi to me....

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Lukas...

Man if that had been me at that wedding I would have walked right up to him and punched him in the face during the cutting of the cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home