Saturday, September 03, 2005

Up North

i ran away to the woods. it was my only solution to 15 years of organized education. i was 21, freshly shaven and seeking solitude. i felt strongly the will of god was an opened field with an occasional burning bush to shift navigation, needless to say i hadn’t seen a burning bush, so i left chicago and moved to grand marais, minnesota.

“seek and ye shall find”. i found my solitude. during a good week i could go 2 or 3 days without seeing anyone other than my roommate buster (alaskan husky). i was forced to live with myself during the 30 below nights and 0 degree days. i had to stare deep into my lusts, loves, and dinner creations with no one but god to unpack it with. i wish i could say i learned something like the deeps and wides of gods love, but i’d be giving a false face to this experience. however, looking back solitude took me out of my books and placed me next to a creator who earnestly desired to live with me.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

I don't have any horse racing tips, but I enjoyed your blog as well.

Sometimes a drastic shift and a new perspective is necessary for growth in spiritual (and any other kind of) life.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

lukas...extremes are what seems to suit many of us best. i cant think of what the next one would be for me. maybe i should try out my baseball skills and see how far it gets me.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

And maybe I should start a lawn mower repair business!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home