Thursday, September 01, 2005

Blogging

what does it take to blog well. i have a feeling this is what most of us consider as we begin to indulge ourselves with typing and posting. is there some unspoken way to write either scholarly or poetically or could a blog simply look like this:

I walked the dog. Her name is Rosie. We went to the pasture next
door and found a big pile of horse stuff. Rosie was interested in it I
was not. blah blah blah.

i could come up with stuff like that. rather i hope to be thoughtful and for me being thoughtful means thinking about writing all day. for example my job entitles me to a fair amount of walking. today as i walked i decided to think about my ***NEW*** blog and how to cleverly parallel life to the experience of a big spider i knocked off a light and squashed with my foot. at the end of the walk i was no farther along to blog stardom then when i started. no unparalleled parallels. no rousing words, no stimulating ideas, all i had was a pocket full of litter and an extra pen.

what does it take? the more i think about it the less i care. i must admit so far the words scattered across this screen have been very very humbling. so i've decided to just write. do it for yourself and enjoy it.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I'm supposed to tell you that you are evil for making Lukas play frisbee golf... only, I don't even know you... and you sound like a nice guy... What do I do?!?

Seriously, though, glad he sent me in your direction.

Peace,
Jamie Arpin-Ricci
www.emergentvoyageurs.blog.com

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

See Jay, you can blog. Awesome juice blog.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

jamie...it's nice to see someone else other than my man lukas showing up under the comment link. are you down for a round of frisbee golf against the course pro? looking forward to reading your stuff.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Jamie's cold because it's always cold in Canada. I think he doesn't play frisbee golf because he's so cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home