Sunday, October 23, 2005

An Evening With Myspace.com

I caved. A friend of my recently told me about this profile/blog/meeting place site and how I should have bought stock in it a year ago. Needless to say I didn't buy stock, but I decided to help the shareholders by investing 30 minutes of my time to fill out a profile and sign up. I don't regret it, but there is something very uncomfortable about myspace.com. I feel as if I have just thrown myself into the wind and now am floating by thousands of people leering at my life. Or perhaps a better way to put it would be, it feels like I just stepped into a room with a thousand people trying to convince me I am like them and they are worth my time.

I think it's strange that as our culture gets less and less personal, people are desperately reaching out in as many ways as possible to be connected to like minded individuals. I guess this is a need we all have and myspace.com seems to be answering that void.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

I am commenting on this first because it's a goose eye bleeding my eyes and second because I already am beginning to enjoy myspace. I wish it weren't so but I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home