Thursday, November 10, 2005

Celebration in Sadness

My wife and I are on our way to Freeport, Maine to spend some time with my mother's family. Unfortunately the reason we are gathering together is for the funeral of my Grandfather. As I am sure all of us can agree death, for a person of faith is an odd experience. A balance of remorse and joy, holding on and letting go.

I have been asked to lead worship for the service and I am struggling with it deeply. Much of me feels as if I haven't fully grasp the fact of my Grandfather's passing and would like to sit and reflect. However, there is a part who desires to give. To be an encourager to those in attendance through worship.

The point is celebration of life and death. Rejoicing in how God can grow a life and invite this life back to Him.

Worship will be the perfect avenue.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay..So sorry to hear about your Grandfather . we will PRAY for you as you lead the worship service. Your mixed emotions are understandable but you will be so thankful in the future that you had the privilege of doing this.

Please extend our condolences to your Mom and Dad. Safe travels

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

I think, in the end, it will help for you to lead worship. That's a tough spot, however. You (and Betsy) are in our prayers.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay:
Sorry to hear about the death of your grandfather. Look forward to hearing your reflections on the funeral and your leading worship.
Bless you!
Kris and Scot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home