Saturday, November 05, 2005

Big Leg Emma-ing It

In 1992 I made a very bold statement, 'I like all music except for country' (or anything remotely close). Eleven years later I find myself chomping on my words in more ways than one.

Dancing is a large part of who I am. I like to participate, observe, and comment on other's choice of styles. Living in Colorado I found myself frequenting a local dance hall called the Sundance Saloon. It was here, I walked unknowingly into a land of country love.

My wife, Elizabeth Rowe-Baehr and I finalized our relationship of 10 years with marriage in 2003. At our wedding reception we hired her brother's band to be the musical catalyst for the first 2.5 hours. Their band, Big Leg Emma, created an amazingly focused dance floor, that could not have been facilitated equally by another.

I apologize for writing back to back to back musical blogs, but I figured...I like music, why not. Check them out if you got time. They have a rocky Blue Grass sound so prepare your ears.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Good band!

Why do your eyes have to be so blue?

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But is the other great band, the Bo-Daggits, playing today???? That's the band I would pay money to hear!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Lukas...
'Why do I fall for your every move?'

Kris...
The Bo-Daggits won't have another showing until November 20th...6PM service @ Zion. And it's free.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Did you hear that people? Free!!! Better be there!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Mrs. Rowe-Baehr said...

Rowe-Baehr made the world wide web! Now I can Google myself.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Betsy...
You know I'm looking out for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home