Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Hometown Team

Growing up outside of Syracuse, NY it's nearly impossible to skirt Orange fever. From my experience the only cure for this sickness is season tickets. Fortunately my mother and brother both attended the University and for a few years and we purchased 2 sets of tickets. The way it worked was my dad attended every game and my brother and I rotated.

There I was an elementary school kid up in the stands with all the slightly influenced college students. I had the opportunity to watch Ronny Seikaly, Derrick Coleman, Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens and a number of others. It was heavenly.

The best game of the year was always Syracuse vs. Georgetown. A more fitting way to describe it would be Jim Boeheim vs. John Thompson. From the looks of last nights game the rivalry lives and keep the Syracuse form they've turned it up at the end of the regular season.

Hopefully the powers that be take note and open the March Madness gates wide.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home