Monday, February 12, 2007

Entering the Third Estate of Winedom

A couple days ago I decided to enter the world of the pretentious and begin evaluating wines on my blog. Bad decision? Probably, since I know nothing of this 'fine art' and am extremely non-opulent. However, the choice was chosen and I have already uncorked my first bottle.

Here is what I am planning to draw attention to in each wine.

1. The price.
2. The look.
3. The aroma.
4. The taste.
5. The drink.
6. The overall.

From what I understand wine is a very personal enjoyment and my tastes will differ greatly from yours. Hence, I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've tasted along with me or just want to call me out. My hope is to review 2 to 3 bottles a month since I am not interested in becoming something more than a taster. See you in a couple days.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Can you post your scoring system? I want to be the one that critiques the critique-er.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger theultrarev said...

I was posting wine recommendations for a while but for whatever reason I've fallen off the wagon. I'll have to work on that.

I recommend my favorite wine for your critique: Rosso by Francis Ford Copolla. Recently I had a 2003 Syraz by Barefoot Wines and enjoyed that too.

I'm looking forward to your posts.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Lukas...I'm still trying to figure out my rating system but will make sure I post it bring greater clarity.

Ultra...Thanks for the suggestions and the wagon is the only way toward those pearly gates.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger colleen said...

I really enjoy the Pink Niagara and the Liebestropchen (spelling?) from Johnson Winery. Definitely dessert wines but they are a hit with everyone I have shared them with. By the way- congrats on the little one! I'm so glad that everyone's doing so well!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger jay baehr said...

Colleen...I plan on hitting up the Johnson Winery and some of the others in the area once summer roles around. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home