Saturday, January 27, 2007

Watch Now

I've been a consistent supporter of Netflix for over 2 years. In this time I've viewed the most popular and obscure of movies and changed my level of subscription from 2 movies to 4. In my opinion they have the upper hand over Blockbuster like a Mac over a PC.

About a week and a half ago they made a transition. The company now allows a limited amount of subscribers, at no extra cost, to view some of their movies immediately online. Netflix will slowly continue to increase the number of films and subscribers with the ability to Watch Now. This process will ensure their ability to handle this increased usage.

I can't wait. Even though each subscriber is only allowed a certain amount of online viewing, I will no long have to annoy my wife with my expert ability to choose the best of Eastern Cinema (Kung-Fu to be exact).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Lukas McKnight said...

Interesting you bring this up; now that Apple has introduced Apple TV (beaming a signal from your computer to your TV), you wonder if the computer will finally become the entertainment hub that has been long predicted. It would be wonderful to be able to rent a movie on the computer (amidst a snowstorm) and watch it on the big screen for free (save the subscription fee) all without leaving the house.

You get me more and more intrigued with NetFlix all the time, Jason!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home